Friday 6 September 2019

Year 5 Poets

This morning we were inspired by William Wordsworth's I Wandered Lonely As A Cloud. We talked about joy and feeling this when we are alone.

Maddox
As I stare into the distance
A bubble surrounds me
I feel calm and safe.

I float into the sky
And peer down
At the daffodils and trees.

A wide ocean appears below me
The sun spears through
Warmth and joy engulf me
My bubble pops
And I fall down,
Down to my future.

Image result for calm ocean

Greta
As I walk alone
Thoughts rush through my head
Waves dance in the ocean
Calling my name.

I look back,
At an endless trail of footsteps.
Joy chases away loneliness
Warmth and freedom envelope me.

Image result for endless footsteps

Gabriela
As I stare into the distance,
I see grass fluttering and dancing in the breeze,
I feel freedom, serenity.
All my memories flash in front of me.

At last I listen to the inward eye,
Solitude guiding me to my future.
I will not back down
For I am my own leader.

Image result for inward eye

Noah
I look upon the misty skies
Skeletal trees caressing my skin
As I see through my memories.

The sea envelopes me
Transferring me to the seabed
I am happy the way I am.

Image result for misty skies

Maddy
As I walk in solitude
Thoughts swarm through my mind
I stare into the distance
Serenity envelopes me
Glee caresses my skin.

Leaves dance through the wind
My footsteps trail behind me
I step into an unknown land of hope
I am not lost, I am exploring,
My destiny awaits.

Image result for leaves in the wind
Maniah
As I look around
Forlorn trees envelope me in darkness
Suddenly a light appears
My heart stops
Calmness and solitude caress my skin.

Joy reaches out for me
I feel like I'm in another realm
A host of blossoms bloom and waves dance
I fill with joy,
My destiny awaits.

Image result for light through trees

No comments:

Post a Comment