Friday 29 March 2019

Into Our Dreams

This morning our year 5s examined a poem by Ngaire Ferriss, a former student of Ms Saxon's. She talked about being strong and fearless.

Greta
My thoughts are free,
They bring me
To a unicorn.
I rise,
High, high,
Into the world of dreams.

As I emerge,
Dazzling light hits my face.
Blinded by the sun,
My unicorn finds the way to a rainbow mist
And cautiously takes a step.
There was the most incredible sight,
In front of me.

Image result for unicorn

Maddy
My thoughts are wild and free,
Sometimes they take me places
I had no idea existed.

Whirlwinds of thoughts
Swirl around me
As I get lost in them they carry me
To a world where everyone is free
And where laws are not in existence.

I have freedom and happiness
Flowing through me.

Image result for whirlwind

Sam
When my dreams fly wild and free
I drift across the clouds
Then I wonder what will happen next
My dreams push me towards the moonlight.

I let them take me to where they want to do,
Holding on tight and building up confidence
Take me into my dreams
Being brave and thinking where I'll go
Folding up tight
And riding into the unknown.

Image result for moonlight

Micah
My ideas flow freely through my mind
Happiness at every bend of the trail
That leads me through my dreams
Engulfing me in pure joy
All my worries and fears are overpowered by happiness
I can feel myself riding the wind
Through a world of peace
I look around
And realise that I can conquer my dreams.

Image result for winding trail

Leroy
My thoughts are free
As I glide
As I soar through bubbles of thoughts
But I never grasp them
When I get close, they vanish
And appear in the distance
Spots of ideas zoom around me.

I emerge into fiery light
Clouds of thoughts
Submerge me
Into a planet no-one had the vaguest of ideas would exist
Freedom invades me.

Image result for submerged

Louis
My dreams take me somewhere
As I drift to sleep
I end up in a magnificent world of dreams
This world of dreams is impossible,
But not, at the same time.

I was so happy I did things
No-one has done before
I ride dragons, tamed dinosaurs,
And best of all, I became immortal.

This is not only a world of dreams
It is a world of the unknown.

Image result for ride dragons

Maddox
As I step into the circle of thoughts
I see tiny dreams surrounding me
Suddenly I see one that has my name on it
I wonder if it's mine
Then I jump on it
Hoping I will be able to hold on
Suddenly it starts drifting me
Out of the circle of dreams
It take me past mountains, river and through the air
Then I see land
As I get close and closer I see a magnificent world
That no one has every discovered
It is getting dark and the dreams are nearly over.

Image result for mist circles

Arya
My memories have been captured in my mind
Reaching for freedom
I find the clouds urging me on
Through the dimension portal,
My head spinning when I go through
The blast of strength
Landing in a world full of mist and huge creatures.

Those creatures following me through my stages of destiny
The memories going through my mind
Longing to break free
I fly into my last stage of destiny
Then at that very moment those memories burst out of me
And into the world below.

Image result for mist creatures

Noah H
My thoughts are free
I slowly wonder where I am
Clouds drift past my face
I'm captured in my dreams
Suddenly I think of a nightmare I had
Then it becomes reality
I ran to a cloud
That takes me far from my nightmare
I go to a magical world that could not exist
But my deep dark dreams follow me into the mist
I run on my cloud to a door
And at last I'm free.

Image result for clouds

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Amazing poems from the year 5s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and powerful poems! Well done everyone

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ms Saxon! Im very proud of my poem and i would not have done it without you.

    ReplyDelete